7 oh heaven! 8 the might!!

It is over, 2007. Today is the last day of the year and also my second wedding anniversary. Married for 2 years.

2007 has been a memorable year. The first thing that comes to my mind, looking back, is that I broke my left ankle in February. For about three months I could not walk. This is the first time ever in my life that one of my bones were broken. It got worse, because I did not think that it was broken in the first place and I was late to go for treatment. That was a lesson. And I also learnt how kind our people are for someone who cannot walk. Very many people who never knew me helped me a lot, including taxi drivers, security guards etc. It was a true lesson on Sri Lankan hospitality.

I also learned some tough lessons in this year in my married life, though it was only the second year of marriage. Put it short, being the "good guy" simply does not work at times.

2007 is also historical for me in that I broke the record for the longest stay with a single company. I passed the second year with WSO2 in September.

This year was an year of many achievements. One of the key was releasing Apache Axis2/C 1.0 and also WSO2 WSF/C and WSO2 WSF/PHP 1.0 releases. I have spent many hours working on them. Sometimes I worked about 18 hours a day, specially when my leg was broken and I had nothing else to do. I am very happy about how these project came to mature this year. I remember the hours and hours that I spent with gdb and valgrind to straight things up. All those tireless hours started to blossom this year.

The thing that I enjoyed most in 2007 was watching my son grow. All the pains in life just disappear watching the kid.

Despite all the hardships of 2007, it is the most successful year in my life. So successful that I know that 2008 is going to be better. Not that I hope that 2008 is better, but I know. That is the spirit of life; All the bad is past, present is the best so far, future will be better.

Comments