Woods Wins US Open

OK, I do not like golf. I think it is very boring. And I do not understand the game either, may be that is part of the reason that I do not like it.

However, I follow the news. And Tiger Woods has won US Open this year as well. Now what is fascinating about this win is not the fact that Woods clinched his 14th title, but the fact that he was virtually playing on one foot. He had a left nee operation, only few weeks ago, and some reports said that he often winced in pain during his first round. And this guy still wins. Imagine playing golf virtually on one knee and still winning, winning at world level.

And what did it take? According to this report, patience and experience:

Woods hooked his first tee shot into the left rough en route to a six before fighting back to one under at the turn.

"You couldn't ask for a worse start than I got off to," he said.

"I said to myself I needed to just be patient, because there's a long way to go. We're all going to make mistakes out there.

"I wanted to get back to even par as quickly as I could and then get it to under."

Comments