Help on the Web

So I was looking into Zend Framework (ZF) over the weekend. As always, I would use Google to find material on anything, so was the case with ZF.

I found many docs on ZF. And I was impressed on the number of blog entries that popped up in the searches. Many blogs lead to useful information that I was looking for.

However, one of the concern points was that, most blogs or docs mentioned the same stuff. And moreover most of the content were covered beginner level. It was hard to find advanced information. It was also hard to find real use case scenarios and tutorials that go into the depth. As an example, I could not find a doc on how to use POST verb with the REST server class. The doc would mention how to write a service for GET method. Now that is too trivial.

This is an important lesson. There are few simple docs and tutorials on most of the software, and they get linked over and over again. However, these docs or tutorials hardly cover real world stuff or non-trivial stuff. So when it comes to finding something serious, you keep on hitting the links that cover simple stuff and you get frustrated.

Comments

G. said…
I totally agree here.... it's a pity. Its often like this with books. Beginners can read PHP Design Patterns, but nowere, how they can USE this in practice.