Weight Loss - It is about your Mind

After nearly seven years, I have been able to lower my BMI to 24.5, to the normal weight range.

I have lost 6kg in the last month, that is about 13 pounds.

There were times where my BMI was 28.5. Luckily I never hit the overweight range.

However, there were times, where I did not believe that I could come to the normal weight range. I bought exercise machines (total gym), tried walking, tried dieting, but I could not beat it.

Finally, I got it right. No bread or rice for dinner or breakfast, and some rice only for lunch, but no bread at all. Yes, no bread - no pastries, no buns, not even at afternoon tea time. Eat fruits in the morning and for dinner, and may be some yogurt. No sodas, or tea or coffee with sugar. If you want tea or coffee, dink without sugar. Drink cool water in place of that fruit drink or soda. That is not dieting, rather eating consciously.

And there is one more very important thing. At least 25 minutes of exercise every day. At least 4 out of five working days, I get to play basketball, then on the other days, I cycle.

After all, it is about the mind. We tend to think that we need bread or rice for at least two meals. But that is a myth. You can get used to one meal with rice, and drop bread altogether.

Exercising is about the mind. It is not that easy to workout with a machine, as seen on TV. It is boring and you get the repulsive feeling after some time, "oh no, I got to do that today, may be tomorrow". But playing a game is more enjoyable and can be done with less stress.

After all, why you should bother about loosing weight? For me, it was my need to control my blood sugar levels. Keeping right weight can keep you healthy. Also, you get that great feeling "I did it", when you hit the normal weight limit, after all these years of bothering about being over weight. Being in great shape always keeps you in a pleasant state of mind.

Comments

Max Headroom said…
Hi Samisa,

Just thought of telling you not to drink any cold water during your meals. That seems to draw iron from bone marrow contributing to osteoporosis in later life.

AdeS
Anonymous said…
We should think for a good option for weight loss. One which makes us physically and mentally prepared for this challenge. weight loss programs do help us to be prepared for this kind of challenges to do with.