Data Services with Zero Code and Zero Configuration

Say I want to do CRUD on the tables of a MySQL database using REST. In other words, I want a PHPMyAdmin like functionality, but through Web services calls. How much code do I need?

With WSO2 Data Services, both Java and PHP, this can be done with simple configuration. All that you need is the input format, output format and the query.

Now, what if even that could be dropped. I have the database, where I have the Order table and the Customer table. If I want to expose them as they are, I have to write SELECT * queries for them, and also define the output format. But if it is a GET on the table, I should just be able to mention the table name and the rest can be take care of by the framework. Just the table name, and that is it. As simple as it can get.

Comments