I feel so much secure in Colombo

There is a video clip on BBC showing how the gunmen who attached Sri Lankan cricket team escaped, a CCTV footage. And you can see that the attackers, with guns in their hand, just walking, not even bothering to run.

This happened in the Liberty roundabout in Lahore. And I am amazed at how much little security is there, where the terrorist can walk with guns in their hands in the streets.

Now, if I imagine, that this happened in Liberty roundabout in Colombo, in a morning, the gunmen would have been shot dead, even before they think about running. In fact, it is almost impossible for terrorists to walk to the Liberty roundabout with guns in their hand. That is why the LTTE use suicide tactics. Yes terrorists came to Colombo and walked like that in 1990's but not in these days.

And yes, we have security checkpoints, when you enter Colombo. And at least 2 out of 5 times in each week, they check my vehicle at the check point, when I drive to work. But I can certainly live with that. Because, I can go to the office and work with peace in mind, because I know that there will not be any random guy walking in the street in front and keep on shooting. And even if that happened, that terrorist would not last long.

I am proud of what the Sri Lankan security forces have done and are doing in securing the whole country.

Comments