Inside a Developer's Mind

It is nothing like hacking some code!

I am back with some coding, and I do not want to do anything else. I am working on the BAM stuff. I did not write some code yet, but I have been hacking others code on eventing stuff. And I am feeling good after a long time, to have some serious work at code level.

I have the whole design in my mind, at least something that I want to implement. It just seem impossible to get it done the way I want, within quick time. I have all the bits and Pisces, all the APIs around, but none of the tools let me put my mind's design into code.

So I go hacking code, merrily, and I do not notice the time flying by me. Working from home, I was with the laptop, five hours on the trot, and did not even notice that I did not have lunch till 3pm.

One of these days, I wish, that I will be able to sit in front of the computer, and tell it what I want done, and it will write the code. For example, I might say, "when the stats collected by the stat component gets interesting, it should fire an event, and the subscribers will get notified. These subscribers are BAM components, living in the same server or some external servers". Well, I think that was too abstract. Let me try a more precise version. "I should be able to configure the stat component to capture some interesting events. For example, when it hits 100 requests. Then, when this event happen, let it use the eventing API from eventing component, and publish the event to the subscribers. Subscribers are BAM component instances. They will capture these events and feed the data that comes in the event to the BAM data service. Subscribers too use the eventing API from the eventing component. " Now I know what to be done, but I need so much time to write all these code toady to get the job done. If only I could get the computer do this on its own. Now hold on, what will happen to all the fun associated with code then? Back to coding!

Comments