My Christmas

This Christmas was significant to me for few reasons.

First of all, it was my elder son's first meaningful Christmas. Meaning that now, three years, he understands lot around him. So I wanted to make his Christmas a memorable one. I got him engaged with the Christmas tree, decorated it with stars that he himself painted, and he took lot of pride in that. Now he calls the tree, "My Christmas Tree".

Second, after about two years, I got offline for the longest. I was offline for three days on the trot. I cannot believe it myself :)

Third, I went to a church after a long time. Not often that happens. More than not having time, it is that I do not feel right in my mind to go to a church. I do not like to listen to these stories that these priests tell. But I wanted to take my kid, so I did. I do not want him to inherit my beliefs the way I have it. Rather he need to learn on his own, and I thought of just facilitating that.

Recently, there was an outbreak of violence between Buddhists and Catholics in the village that I live in. There is this new church built and the Buddhists dislike that because they think that it is too close to the two temples in the village. Now I do not care if the Church is built or not, since there are plenty around. But the funny thing was that, there was this "drinking party" in a near by house to my house, and the house owners as well as the participants were Buddhists, celebrating Christmas. A few days back they were trying to kill the Catholic priest, and now they are enjoying Christmas. I could not sleep last night as these guys were singing next door, drunk, after midnight. I was questioning, if I or should they be celebrating. After all, Christmas is meant for everyone, so no hard feelings for no sleep last night ;)

Comments