Sri Lanka Decides 2010 - Some Decide - Others Rigged

On Saturday, the postman came to deliver the official voting notices. I was given a paper t sign, I noticed there were only three. I asked him, why only three, it has to be four. He said only three came.

Funny! My mother, sister and my wife have voting rights, not me.

I went to the "Grama Niladari" that moment, the official who is handling the voting list. He looked at the list, and said, in 2007 my name is there, and not in 2008. And he blamed my mother, she must have not entered my name - well, my wife's name is there, how can the dauther in law is remembered and the son is not.

All in all, my name has gone missing. If they officially dropped my name, due to some mismatch or something, there supposed to be a B list, and even that does not contain my name.

This is damn crazy. They happily take my taxes, but they do not have the decency to put my name on the voters list.

I did not believe all these stories of rigging by dropping random names. Now it has happened to me, I am sure there would be hundreds of thousands of such cases. This election is a closely fought one, and even before the election is begun, the rigging is underway.

To hell with presidential election in Sri Lanka, 2010 Jan - this is all busted.


Comments