Into iPad Era

Here comes the first blog from iPad.

For a computing device, I always believe that this will revolutionize the way we would be doing computing. HCI would be taken to new heights.

Anyway, I am already into it. The other day, I wrote a three page doc, and it took me only an hour or so. The laptop is great, but the mobility and the keyboard that iPad provides give you much more productivity gain. This is nit like that phone with a keypad. Even the iPhone was cool, only because you could touch it, but that was it. But iPad for me is much, much better.

Soon we would have iPanels. In other words Mac laptops will come with no keyboard, and you would do everything with touching. Other vendors would soon follow. It is almost there with iPad if we had multiple app capability; that Alt+Tab thing. Yes i miss that a bit. But may be not that much, as I still have my laptop as well.

I long for the day where we could have that Iron Man movie like HCI. Where you could draw neat images with you hand. Where you could dictate the program rather than write it (and to hell with that IDE). Some day, sooner than later, people will do those kinds of things. And we software engineers will have much more time to do better things than writing stupid code to these dumb machines.


Comments