And then the sun rises


In the morning when everyone else is yet to awake
When there is still no sun yet there is no darkness
When outside is still so cold, where the cold try to reach your bones
When all you can hear is the continuous songs of the crickets
And the occasional chime in of a frog or a two
When birds are about to come out for the day, but not yet out singing
You stand outside and listen to the sounds, and look at the sky and feel the universe
You feel how small you are, how tiny you are
And if this moment was the whole day, if this was all but life, but it is not
If this is what I am, this small and this tiny, behold this earth and beyond
I happen to wonder - what am I, where am I, where I am headed, and what I would be
When you compare this moment with eternity 
And then the sun rises... 

Comments