From Engineering to Training

I had a very long break from work, stating from the end of August this year through September.

For about 13 years, I have been working like crazy, since I graduated. So this time, before I got the break, I also made an important decision - to transition from engineering.

If you look at Samisa's LinkedIn Profile you will note that for three and half long years I had been VP Engineering, and prior to that, another 2 years as Director Engineering. So for nearly 5.5 years, I have been handling engineering at WSO2. That is a long time. And needless to say that it was not a walk in the park with WSO2, given the phase at which it moves and the technical and non-technical complexities.

While engineering was not simple to handle, I loved what I was doing and I still do.
I am still pretty good at what I have been doing. But I wanted to do something else and take it easy. So now, I have taken up training, a new journey.

The break of slightly more than a month was welcome. I used to take breaks, and go to a hotel or travel in the past. I think that messes up the break. This time around, I spent the whole time on the couch reading some books. I read about 8, and some of those more than once.

The books I read in September 2013!

And yes they were not novels, or science or technology books. They were all on Buddhism. I could make lot of sense out of almost everything I read.

I am back at work. And with my new role, I hope to keep on reading books. :)

Comments

Congrats and all the best in your new role.