Thoughts on Life – 2


I called this post a second, as I already had a previous one on life.

People are good with stereotyping. They often think I am a Buddhist. I often wonder what that means to be called a Buddhist.

If that means that I am born to a couple of Buddhist parents, you are wrong, I was born a Catholic.
Being a Catholic child, I wanted to learn and understand. So as a kid I started reading the bible. That was what a good Catholic supposed to do. But actually, not many did even those days 25 to 30 years ago,

So many years ago, when I started reading, I first read the preface of the book. It said, this book, that is the bible, would help you understand who you are and why you are here on this earth. To this day, I can still remember those words very clearly.

So, that is what I am still doing. I seek to understand who I am and why I am here.
I do not go to church much or pray much. So, the Catholics do not consider me to be a good one of them. However, in my understanding the morale of the story of prayer and the bible and worship is not about God but about us. Yes, we think it is about us and we go and ask for so many things form God in our prayers.

But it is about us understanding us. It is appreciating all that we have got around us for free, the air that we breath, the eyes that we see, the light that surrounds us the water that rains and runs around us. And live life in a grateful manner.

I have worked with a blind man in my life, between my ALs and before I went to university. I was his guide while he sold his envelopes. We were walking along the way to offices. The moral of the story is that, you must do something like that to appreciate the value of sight you got. Then the beauty of the things you see, the colors, the nature the people and so on. He could not see any of them. I could see all of them. You take it for granted, but when you do not have the sight, the ability to see things, you miss it. There are many things like that, so many little little things in life that you got that you take for granted. Where did they come from? How did they come to you? How come you are here to enjoy these gifts of life? Where is your gratitude? Should you be grateful or should you not?


Life is an interesting journey. Do not let it just pass. See if there is something in it. Even if there is nothing in it, even the experience and curiosity and excitement of looking for some meaning in life is rewarding enough for us as intellectual creatures. 

Comments

link to previous post is not working ..