A Hummer, a Prius or a Smart Car?

Chinthana has presented a nice view on my post on giving up SUV like middleware. His analogy is Driving as a Hummer and Save as a Prius. That is a very nice post indeed. And the key message is:

When it comes to software however, things are different than the real world. Going for a low cost alternative does not necessarily mean giving up the features that your other big, greedy solution had.

I meant to infer that message out of my blog. If it was not, now it is much clearer.

Comments

Jonathan Marsh said…
Smart cars are kind of ridiculous to those of us in California where freeway speed and safety - and glamor - are more important than ease of parking. I'm a proud owner of a Prius myself, but a more apt comparison to the paradigm-shifting engineering and high-performance user experience of WSO2 Carbon-based products would be the Tesla (down to the carbon-fiber shell but omitting the extreme price tag.)